Skip to main content

Contact Us For A Free Consultation

(303) 268-2867

Unjust Enrichment in Colorado

Unjust Enrichment in Colorado

Quantum Meruit, Unjust Enrichment in Colorado, and Colorado Law

When an individual or company fails to pay what it owes for goods or services, it may be subject to legal action for unpaid debts or breach of an oral or written contract. These are two different legal actions, each with a different statute of limitations. If you plan to file an action for nonpayment of debt, the statute of limitations is six years; for breach of contract, the owed party has only three years to bring an action.

In other situations, one party may owe payment to another party, but no oral or written contract exists. In a case where a person or business received service or goods, and the goods or services were knowingly accepted by that party, then the owed party may have a claim for unjust enrichment in Colorado.

If you’ve failed to receive what you are owed, an unjust enrichment claim may be your best option. At Volpe Law LLC, we can determine if this is the right option or if there are other avenues we can pursue. Contact us today for a consultation.

Do I Have a Claim For Unjust Enrichment in Colorado?

Unjust enrichment claims are typically the legal avenue taken when there is no contract or other business agreement governing the transactions between the parties involved. An unjust enrichment action may also be used to recover monies owed if the court deems the agreement between the parties unenforceable.

There isn’t an exact statute of limitations for an unjust enrichment claim. Typically, the court applies the statute of limitations of “like character,” so if the claim is for payment of money only, then the act may be subject to a six-year statute of limitations as a payment of debt claim would be.

Our legal team can help you gather the appropriate supporting documentation, such as a detailed description of the products or services provided and their value, your attempts to collect the debt, and any other appropriate forms of evidence supporting your claim.

Many claims like this may be settled out of court in negotiations between the two parties. We can help you there, as well, acting as the negotiator on your behalf and securing an appropriate sum for any damages you incurred due to the non-payment.

How Can a Business Attorney Help Me?

If you have yet to receive payment for goods or services you provided to another person or entity, you may have grounds to file an unjust enrichment action against them. At Volpe Law LLC, we carefully evaluate your situation and determine which Colorado business laws apply. Then, we provide personalized advice about your options, including sending a demand letter for payment or taking action in civil court.

Our attorneys can help you file an unjust enrichment claim in Colorado, drafting a strong and compelling argument to pursue your business interests. We know you’ve worked hard and deserve to be paid what you were owed, including any damages suffered due to another party’s unjust enrichment. Contact our firm today for a free consultation.

Contact Us Today

Volpe Law is committed to answering your questions about Civil Litigation, Real Estate, Construction, Business Litigation, Breach of Contract, Tort Litigation, Mechanics’ Liens, and Contract Review & Drafting in Colorado.

We offer a Free Consultation and we’ll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to request an appointment with one of our attorneys.

Office Location

Directions to Volpe Law

19751 E. Mainstreet, #342
Parker, CO 80138

Phone: (303) 268-2867

Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri: 09:00am - 05:00pm

The material on this site and on any third-party web site link included on the Volpe Law, LLC website is for informational purposes only. Nothing on this website may be construed as legal advice. Laws frequently change and therefore this content is not necessarily up to date, nor comprehensive. Contact us or another attorney with any legal questions specific to your matter. You may request a consultation by calling us at 303-268-2867 or completing a consultation request form. Using this website, filling out any forms, or communicating with Volpe Law, LLC through this site does not form an attorney/client relationship. Your matter may be subject to time limitations. You may be barred from taking any action if you do not timely act. Using or interacting with this website does not constitute your reliance on Volpe Law, LLC to take any action to represent you or preserve any claim that you may have or may assert. Please see Terms of Use for further information.